Darwin Yoga & Meditation is hosting the annual Yoga Day Festival for the third year. Check out what is happening at this year’s event!
The event organisers, Ben and Kalindi are passionate about making yoga accessible to everyone regardless of their age or background. It is such a deep and wonderful system that goes beyond the physical level. Yoga Day Festival is about showcasing the holistic approach that yoga has to benefit our lives physically, mentally and spiritually.
Yoga Day Festival is also a celebration of International Day of Yoga. The festival will allow everyone to experience peace on an individual level and as a result, the community and the world!
What’s Happening this Year
This year, yoga day is taking a new approach – it is now 2 weeks of festivities! That’s right, there will be free yoga classes, workshops, meditations and more to get you on the path to wellness! We are still finalising all the details for this so look out for announcements coming your way shortly.
1st July 2pm to 7pm
Nightcliff Foreshore, Aralia St (Rapid Creek side)
- Yoga Asanas! Flow through fun, creative sequences for all levels and rock your asana with great music and good vibes.
- Yoga Dance Fusion! A dynamic, flowing yoga/dance fusion will put a smile on your face and leave you feeling amazing.
- Meditation! Take a break and immerse yourself in blissful meditations to soothe your mind and heart.
- Breathing! Otherwise known as pranayam will get the breath flowing deep into the lungs, expanding every cell and filling your whole body with life-giving energy.
- Relaxation! Lie back while we guide you through an oasis of deep relaxation that will transport you to a place of pure relaxation of body, mind and heart.
- Kirtan! The ancient chants of India to the melodies, beats and rhythms of the modern world. Get your mantra on with one of Australia’s leading kirtan bands, Ashraya, and be part of an amazing interactive muscial experience known as Kirtan.
- Wisdom! Explore the deep truth and beauty of yoga philosophy with inspiring yoga wisdom.
- Family Fun Yoga! Free Kids yoga adventures, games, yoga asanas, and fun meditations.
- Food! Deliciously nourishing vego/vegan whole foods plus decadent treats. More details to come.
- Community! Enjoy the company of likeminded individuals and come together in a supportive, uplifting way.
Stay up to date with all the latest happenings on Facebook!